Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE dishwasher (model BDF520PGJB13). The AutoSense…

Customer Question
Hello. We have...

Hello. We have a GE dishwasher (model BDF520PGJB13). The AutoSense button keeps coming on by itself long after the dishwashing cycle has stopped and it attempts to was the dishes again. How do we get it to stop doing this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We’ve had it just a bit over a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we just want the button to stop turning itself on.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No; it’s my mother’s machine and she doesn’t want the dishwasher to be wasting water on dishes that have just been washed.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?