John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kitchenmaid upright side by side ice maker is leaking water

Customer Question

kitchenmaid upright side by side ice maker is leaking water over the trays where the ice is made it drips down the inside of the freezer and frozen ice drops everywhere inside the freezer
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: nothing has changed from 3 years ago when it was brand new temperature settings unchanged
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what the problem turns out to be
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just that my wife is unhappy, thus I feel the pain...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this. (the pain from the wife too) It sounds like it may be leaking from the water inlet valve. Is the unit making ice or dispensing water or anything?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It is making ice
It appears to leak water only during the time when the trays are filling with ice. In between cycles there is no leaking.

ok what is the model number of your unit so I can pull up a diagram to see what we are looking at here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
KSSC42QVS05
23.5 cu ft
Side mount freezer with thru door ice service

so​ in order to narrow done if its a hose or the valve itself we will need to get on in there

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/KSSC42QVS05/0593/0165000.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=KSSC42QVS05&searchTerm=KSSC42QVS05​