Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE refrigerator model GSL25iGXL LS compressor won't start…

Customer Question
GE refrigerator model GSL25iGXL...

GE refrigerator model GSL25iGXL LS compressor won't start replaced the inverter board a green light light up on the board but compressor still won't come on

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4-5 years old GSL251GXL LS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, im doing it now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Power seems to be going to the inverter but the compressor is not starting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only reason the compressor wouldn't run if you have a good inverter board is if the compressor is bad or the main control board isn't telling the inverter board to turn the compressor on. You can't test the main board but you can test the compressor. Unplug the refrigerator and unplug the inverter board from the side of the compressor. There are 3 pins on the compressor where the inverter plugs into. Test resistance between any 2 pins. There are 3 possible combinations and you should have the same resistance regardless of what combination you test. The resistance will be less than 10 ohms. If all 3 combinations check good, replace the main control board, otherwise replace the compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?