Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge side by side profile refrigerator control panel is…

Customer Question
My ge side by...

My ge side by side profile refrigerator control panel is blinking zeros and the temp. cooling is still working but the interior lights flash and are dim

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Pfcs1rkza ss model number 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its simple

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

okay

HAve you unplugged the unit for a full minute and plugged it back in?

i unplugged it not for a minute though
I'm doing that right now
I did a full minute same thing happening
flashing zeros across the screen then hits the temp for a half second, goes dark and then does it again
still there?

Yes I am still here open the door and check the wiring at the lower door hinge the molex plug may have become unplugged or corroded can you check that?

It's a side by side top with freezer drawer on bottom. I looked and I don't see any wiring bundles

There is wiring that comes out of the door hinge that runs to the dispenser board, the model you listed shows this is a french door with a drawer model? Not a side by side? Look at the top door hinge

french doors with freezer drawer is correct There is a wire connection underneath the freezer that is connected, I'm not seeing anything thats coming-out of the doors

Can you pull the unit and go behind the unit?

what am I looking for?

Sorry for delay you need to replace this board behind the unit.....CLICK HERE it is behind the small rectangular cover panel on the back of the unit. Can you do that?

i don't have the board

Yes you would have to order it to replace it. Note it is behind the unit on the back of the unit.