Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am having trouble getting my front loader door to lock. My…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I am...

Hi Pearl. I am having trouble getting my front loader door to lock. My machine is 5 years old Classixx. Is there a quick fix or should I call a serviceperson?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a year. On and off. Sometimes it locks as starts immediately other times it can take many opening/closing and start/offs before it starts. this time it hasn't started for a day. I give me an E3 message. Thanks, Kerri

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm a pretty handyperson but I don't want to stuff it up, and I think it probably needs someone competent.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

From the fault you describe this is going to be a door lock here as thats what the E3 error code means.

To sort this out you need to open the door and remove the metal clamp from the outside of the door seal and then peel it back.

Then you can remove the door lock from there and pull it through the porthole there.

Swap the wiring over and refit the new lock and this should cure the fault from there.

Where do I get a new lock from please?

Do you have the model number please.

Bosch Classixx 1000 rpm front loader washing machine (Australia)

I need the model number please as 1000 rpm is just the spin speed.

If you open the door the model number will be on a sticker on the inside there and starts e-nr

I don't believe it, I go to check and it's working. But I had tried it at least a dozen times this morning and it didn't.
Any way the number is ***** WAE20262AU/01 FD9111 904344

Thanks for that. Click the link below for the door lock.

Click here

As for the fault you describe this is going to be the door lock as for it to start working again like this then its going to be the door lock at fault here.

Thanks Daniel. I'm checking the places in Geelong to see if they have one I can get today.