Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool gold dishwasher will not drain. 3 years n gold…

Customer Question
My whirlpool gold dishwasher...

My whirlpool gold dishwasher will not drain

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years n gold model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

Wdf730payb5.
No

Thank you. One moment while I type.

Just text

Alright, so you need to uninstall your dishwasher and drain all the water out that you can manually. Remove the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's not, then you want to replace that drain hose that comes directly off the drain pump because there is a back flow preventer inside this hose that failed all the time stopping the dishwasher from draining very well or at all. You can try to stick a flat head screwdriver through that 90 degree angle to get the backflow preventer un-stuck if you wanted to try that as well. Sometimes that will get the flap working again.

If the drain hose checks good, then remove the drain pump and look for and debris that may be blocking the drain pump impeller. Put everything back together and re-install the dishwasher to try again. If the dishwasher still doesn't drain, then you'll want to check 120 volts with a multimeter to the drain pump when it should be draining. If you're not getting 120 volts to the drain pump then you need a new control board inside the door. Assuming you are getting 120 volts, your drain pump would just need to be ordered and replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I can’t get it out
You can try to do it by just removing the lower front kick panel but otherwise you’d need to call a technician out if that area is too tight for you to work on
Ican’t get it out
you said that before and I said “You can try to do it by just removing the lower front kick panel but otherwise you’d need to call a technician out if that area is too tight for you to work on”
Not an easier way. I spent $24 so you could tell me to call a repairman
I hope you can understand that I can’t control how easy the dishwasher is to work on. I certainly didn’t tell you to call a repairman as your first option either—in fact it was the third option. I can’t control your ability to repair things but what I have told you is the only way to figure out what is going on