Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to clean my maytag stove. several years ago the end…

Customer Question
I want to clean...

I want to clean my maytag stove. several years ago the end of the latch that locks the stove to self clean. I have cleaned it several times over the year. But today move the latch over and the red light comes on and says lockd and then I push clean and the light that says clean comes on but after several minutes it shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It just says maytag I can't see a model or serial number. I would guess 18-20 years. If it makes any difference the oven has not been over used by any means

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well that depends on what might be wrong. With thanks giving in a couple days I'm pretty much out of time to at least clean the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of, the top of stove works fine, when baking the oven works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

No i just gave up and cancelled my membership and will find a repairman after the holliday. Thank you oh just to find out does it take this long to get a reply from service person

typically no it doesn't take this long to get in touch with one of us its just with the coming up holiday there are not a lot of experts online at the time.