Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer (20.3 cubic Foot)

Customer Question
I purchased a Frigidaire...

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer (20.3 cubic Foot) in 2011. I am having trouble with the inside not freezing and the water runs down the side of the door and freezer. The freezer keeps everything else frozen, but the area above the door. What can I do to fix this problem?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was bought new in 2011 and the model # is FFU21F5HWK and the srial # is WB0493772

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, or I will try and hire someone to do it if it is too complicated.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Can i ask you where you are located first.

I'm out of Denver Colorado.

John, Home Appliance Technician