Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My LG LFX31925st has ice build up behind crisper. It's 5 yrs…

Customer Question
My LG LFX31925st has...

My LG LFX31925st has ice build up behind crisper

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's 5 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We also have ice behind on back of bottom freezer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I’ve been waiting for over an hour for an answer.
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I do

ok now have you tried taking a blow dryer to the ice that is built up or even leaving the unit unplugged for a set amount of time?

I have and I have keep doing it every 6 weeks but now the top part behind the crisper is also having ice build up.

so it sounds to me like you have a heater problem either the heater is not coming on when it should or its not working at all. Do you happen to have a multimeter so we can test these parts with?