Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave doesn't work. 3 yrs. Maybe. Don't believe so

Customer Question
Microwave doesn't work. Contractor's...

Microwave doesn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

3 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't believe so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

PEB9159SF1SS

thank you when you say it does not work can you better explain?

Do you have a display ,can you program the unit ,does it not heat ETC!

It was displaying, but right now, nothing. Making sounds though.

ok what kinds of sounds?

And if you open the microwave door does the interior light then go on?

Was making clicking sounds. Turned off breaker.
No clicking, no light.

ok so it was clicking and you had no display and it was not doing anything at all !

Had you been using it when this happened or did it just start on it`s own?

Started on own. Still makes clicking sound once in a while

ok from what your saying you have a faulty electronic control board .

And even after you unplugged it and plugged it back in it is still doing this correct?

Just switched breaker. Plug in not exposed.

ok so after you have had it powered off and then powered it back on it still has this clicking going on?

Every once in a while. Not continuous.

ok you need to replace the smart board (main control board)

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Is that easy. Where is control board and how do I get to it?

the smart board is right behind the control panel . easy to replace requires just basic hand tools .

And in this parts break down it is item 2006.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00151900/00151974.i02/680/900

Get to it from the screwed in panel from inside microwave?

no you remove the outer cover and the the console has one screw in it from the inside then the console lift up and off and the control board is mounted to the back side of the console

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.