Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool refrigerator WSF26C2EXY02. The icemaker…

Customer Question
We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool refrigerator WSF26C2EXY02. The icemaker does not work. I have replaced the icemaker unit, the inlet valves, and the circuit boards. nothing worked. any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Date of fabrication 1/2013 and yes doing it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When we installed the circuit boards, we could see a red beam, but not long after, nothing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

if you open the freezer door on the door near the icemaker on /off switch do you have any blinking lights?

and which electronic control board have you replaced?

we replaced W10870822 and W 10296530. There was a light initially from those eyes that tell when the bin is full, then nothing.
ok

ok so you have just replaced the emitter and receiver board on the door .have you tested then for voltage from the main control board?

we did not know how to check the voltage from the main control board. we did check the resistance for the wires connecting the electronic eye.
the resistance was 1.2 ohm

ok on the ice maker you will need to test the the yellow wire to the orange wire looking for 12.7 volts D/C

This is the power to the icemaker , from the main control board .

There are several wires that connect to the main icemaker assembly. Black and white striped, tan, white.
green and yellow stripe.
the tan, white and black and white connect under the ice maker assembly. The green and yellow striped is screwed in under the ice making tray.

the wire diagram the manufacture has on their tech site shows the wires to the icemaker as tan ,red ,yellow ,orange

The two ends of the electronic eye are connected by 3 wires: blue, brown and yellow. The power to the electronic eye comes through three wires: red, tan/black striped and a white/ black striped.
can we send you a photo of the wires?

the wire diagram is just black and white and the do not show the location of the wires in the unit .

I can send you a screen shot of the wire diagram. for the tech site.

Ok
Should the fridge be plugged in to test the wires( sorry we are newbies)?

on the second sheet on the P-10 connector also marked as (ice maker module) P10- 5,6,9,10 tan , red ,yellow ,orange

I have read the schematics and understand that this is a testing for the control board which is different than ours but do not see a P-10 connector listed on the 5 pages you sent. There is P1-P9 and P12-P14. Is this the circuit board for the eye?
Since I replaced the circuit board to the eye, the only thing left to check were the wires to the circuit board.

oh boy I was wrong it is J10 not P10

no it is not the emitter and receiver control board this is from the main control to the ice maker module.

Test while refrigerator plugged in?

yes the refrigerator will need to be plugged in if your testing for voltage to the icemaker.

you are talking about the wiring harness that is connected to the icemaker?
Can you use the control board on the front of the door to enter into a service diagnostic mode?
We are getting no D/C readings from the main plug that connects to the ice maker.
We are done with no answers. There was too much time between responses and no answers to my questions.