John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a whirlpool refrigerator WSF26C2EXY02. The icemaker

Customer Question

we have a whirlpool refrigerator WSF26C2EXY02. The icemaker does not work. I have replaced the icemaker unit, the inlet valves, and the circuit boards. nothing worked. any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2014
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: date of fabrication 1/2013 and yes doing it myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when we installed the circuit boards, we could see a red beam, but not long after, nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Master Tech replied 12 months ago.

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

if you open the freezer door on the door near the icemaker on /off switch do you have any blinking lights?

and which electronic control board have you replaced?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we replaced W10870822 and W 10296530. There was a light initially from those eyes that tell when the bin is full, then nothing.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok

ok so you have just replaced the emitter and receiver board on the door .have you tested then for voltage from the main control board?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we did not know how to check the voltage from the main control board. we did check the resistance for the wires connecting the electronic eye.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the resistance was 1.2 ohm

ok on the ice maker you will need to test the the yellow wire to the orange wire looking for 12.7 volts D/C

This is the power to the icemaker , from the main control board .

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
There are several wires that connect to the main icemaker assembly. Black and white striped, tan, white.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
green and yellow stripe.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the tan, white and black and white connect under the ice maker assembly. The green and yellow striped is screwed in under the ice making tray.

the wire diagram the manufacture has on their tech site shows the wires to the icemaker as tan ,red ,yellow ,orange

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The two ends of the electronic eye are connected by 3 wires: blue, brown and yellow. The power to the electronic eye comes through three wires: red, tan/black striped and a white/ black striped.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
can we send you a photo of the wires?

the wire diagram is just black and white and the do not show the location of the wires in the unit .

I can send you a screen shot of the wire diagram. for the tech site.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Should the fridge be plugged in to test the wires( sorry we are newbies)?

on the second sheet on the P-10 connector also marked as (ice maker module) P10- 5,6,9,10 tan , red ,yellow ,orange

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have read the schematics and understand that this is a testing for the control board which is different than ours but do not see a P-10 connector listed on the 5 pages you sent. There is P1-P9 and P12-P14. Is this the circuit board for the eye?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Since I replaced the circuit board to the eye, the only thing left to check were the wires to the circuit board.

oh boy I was wrong it is J10 not P10

no it is not the emitter and receiver control board this is from the main control to the ice maker module.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Test while refrigerator plugged in?

yes the refrigerator will need to be plugged in if your testing for voltage to the icemaker.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you are talking about the wiring harness that is connected to the icemaker?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can you use the control board on the front of the door to enter into a service diagnostic mode?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We are getting no D/C readings from the main plug that connects to the ice maker.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We are done with no answers. There was too much time between responses and no answers to my questions.