Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool whes30 water softner that is 11 years…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a whirlpool whes30 water softner that is 11 years old. It shows an err message. It will not go into a recharge mode. when I try to reprogram it it goes to a readout that says service clean and 5:46. I do not know what to do now. Help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is model whes30 and it is 11 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 5 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I know how frustrating this can be, What is the error message you are getting?

The error message I am getting says service and cleaning and #5:46.

so this error is a defective timer error

Unplug the water softener for 1 minute and then reconnect power to reset the timer. If the error code returns, unplug the water softener and reconnect any loose wires on the timer. Replace the wire harness if damaged. Replace the timer if the wire harness is okay.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman