Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model 795.51372.012. Coils in freezer is frosting up but…

Model 795.51372.012. Coils in freezer...
Model 795.51372.012. Coils in freezer is frosting up but evap fan not on. Is there supposed to be a delay.
11/21/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

This should not have a delay start on the Freezer Evaporator fan motor.

And how much frost is on the Evaporator coil ?

All of evap is covered with frost.

ok so if all the evaporator coil is frosted over the reason is due to the fan not running .

Have you tested the fan to see if it is getting voltage to it?

No

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

OK thanks

ok so lets test the freezer fan for voltage you should get 13 volts D/c

if you do get the 13 volts D/C then you have a bad fan , if you do not get the voltage then you have a bad electronic control board.

I can provide you with part numbers if you need it also.

and I see you have requested a phone call if you still need it let me know I will call you! just let me know .

Master Tech