Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE built in oven and after a while it beeps and F3

Customer Question

I have a GE built in oven and after a while it beeps and F3 comes up on the screen.What is the problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just a min.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes but it is in a house I rent so I have no idea how old it is.I looked for a model number and there is none.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It does this everytime we try to bake in it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The F3 means you have a shorting membrane keypad. You will need to replace the touchpad on the unit to fix that issue. That is common and you can order one with the complete model number from searspartsdirect.com

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!