Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore elite french door, double bottom freezer drawer,

Kenmore elite french door...

Kenmore elite french door, double bottom freezer drawer, temp is 30=32 degrees, ice maker is cold enough to make ice. Display shows 0 degrees which I take is the setting and not the actual temp. Frig is 35 degrees.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

795.79773.903 purchased in 2010.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have an extended warranty and service is coming a week form today. Have pulled frig out and confirmed the condenser coil is free from dirt and fan is running and pump is hot. There is a little water coming out of the drain from the freezer tray. Pulled drain tube and tried to clear any blockage to the tray. How does this frig defrost? Heater or hot freon?

Contractor's Assistant: The Appliance Technicians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the fee? Just curious if there is anything obvious to do as there is food in the freezer

11/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The icemaker isn't really a problem, it just won't make ice because it's over 10ºF which is a safety feature. The fact that it's not getting cold enough means that you either have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. You'd need a technician to check the freon pressure and if it's low, there is a leak they will need to track down and repair before they recharge the system. If it's not low on freon and you already cleaned the coils below the refrigerator, the compressor is just inefficient and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Looks like I will have to wait till Tuesday Nov. 28 when the tech comes to validate this diagnosis. You can email to remind me after then to remind me to come back and give you a rating.