Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an new FFAD7000T10 dehumidifier and can not get the…

Customer Question
I have an new...

I have an new FFAD7000T10 dehumidifier and can not get the vinyl drain tube in the back to connect to the drain for the unit.. when pushing in the supplied tube it hits a collar about 3 inches into the unit and will not go further.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I have not started the unit yet as i must get the drain to work before turning on. Are you familiar with this unit and the plug in the back where the drain tube is to be installed?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. it came with the drain tube and instructions on how to connect but the drain tube is too large to go into the unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Advice on how to reduce the size of the drain tube to get it through the hole in the back of the unit. it must be full diameter to connect to the drain once it it through the restrictive collar that is preventing the drain tube from getting to the drian fitting.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did the unit not come with an adapter that pushes into that collar then the hose connects to the adapter?