Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an amana refrigerator evaporator fan motor that makes…

I have an amana refrigerator...
I have an amana refrigerator evaporator fan motor that makes a very loud noise for a day and then the refrigerator will shut off. I took the motor out and it sounds like metal on metal when I turn it manually. Can I just lubricate the part that turns and put it back? I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Also, is the refrigerator shutting down because the motor is over heating or the fan is doing it's job or would that not be related? thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

sure. DRS2660BW
I ordered a new motor from Amazon twice. One part number that an expert here suggested and then one that amazon suggested with the model number from the fridge. Both motors were different shapes than the orignal and the holder doesn't hold them in place for the fan to spin without hitting something.

See the picture below. That is the fan it calls for.

CLICK HERE

The problem is the ordering from Amazon, you are probably not getting an OEM motor but an aftermarket.

see the problem is - the picture you sent me is actually a 3rd type now. The shape of the parts above and below the part that spins are what sit in the holder and the original has these rubber boots on it. Maybe I can take them off though....

Oh , yes, the rubber pieces do have to be reused, they do not come with the new motor.

thanks. that's what it was.

Excellent!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.