Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My fridge hasdisplay of SY and EF. Frigidare model

Customer Question
My fridge hasdisplay of...

My fridge hasdisplay of SY and EF

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Frigidare model FGHB2844LFS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just want to know how to reset this...I just changed the water filter thinking that might cause the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Jut this display on the door controls

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The error SY EF means a System Evaporator Fault.
This usually means there is NOT enough air flow over the sensor, this can mean a faulty sensor, or evaporator fan motor. If you open the freezer and hold the door switch down and can hear the fan running then the thermister (temp sensor) located on the evpaorator coil in the freezer needs to be replaced, if the fan is not running then the evaporator fan needs to be replaced.

Try to clear the error by unplugging the unit and plugging it back in after about 10 minutes sometimes this will reset the board and the unit will go back to working but if you still get the error the above repair will have to be made.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.