Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just bought a used maytag wall oven and when we turn it…

Customer Question
Hi - we just...

Hi - we just bought a used maytag wall oven and when we turn it on it goes right to 345

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We were told a 2000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just got it - cleaned it and put it in - so that's actually all we have - we wanted to test it out and when turning it on - it wouldn't let you put in a temperature you want - just goes right up to 350 - starts out around 100 I think - have to run to kitchen while doing this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I don't have a manual for this hopefully doesn't need any parts?
is anyone here?
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

unfortunately no -
we were told it was a 2000
meaning year I guess
so didn't know if we were doing it wrong or hopefully don't need any extra parts - it works so that's the main thing - just that the temperature change issue

Can you take a picture of the control panel using the paper clip above the text box so I can see what buttons you have?

ok
I don't see what you are talking about
can I cancel doing this - I think my husband is going to be angry I spent more money on this?
I didn't realize I was going to have to pay for it - was just looking for a manual

ok unfortuantely this isn't a free service.