Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm looking for a whirlpool repairman. Purchased in 2012 a…

Hi I'm looking for...

Hi I'm looking for a whirlpool repairman

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2012 a front load

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can i

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It showed two error messages, e1 and e9

11/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're looking for a local servicer, you'll want to call 1.***-***-**** and Whirlpool can tell you who is authorized in your area. As for your error code, I can tell you what that means and how to fix it if you wanted to do it yourself.

F9 E1 error means the washer is not draining properly. The model number you have listed is a dryer model number, not the washer so your model may have a lower front panel or it may not. If it has a lower front panel, remove the screws below the lower front panel and remove that panel to start.

Some of these model's don't have a lower front panel unfortuantely and they are much more difficult to work on. Unfortunately these washers are not easy at all to access and fix a drain problem. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, it's very difficult. The top panel, the control panel, and the entire front panel all need to be removed so that you can access the pump below the tub. It's really a bad design and it was never this difficult in the past, but now there is quite a bit of work involved to clear the drain so unless you're really handy, this is not something you'll want to tackle yourself.

To access the drain pump, you need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. Pull the dispenser drawer completely off the washer. Next, remove the 2 bolts coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Remove the screws coming in through the dispenser opening and the screws coming from the inside of the washer going into the control panel. The control panel will then pull up and out of the way. At this point, you just have a few screws going across the top of the front panel to remove. Tip the wash back a bit and there are 2 screws in the bottom right and left corner you need to remove.

Since the door is locked, there is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door. You'll need to reach in from the top of the washer and if you're not tall or have long arms, you may need a stick to help pull down on that plastic tab to unlock the door.

Open the door and you need to disconnect the rubber door gasket. There is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off the gasket. Now you can remove the front panel to access the drain pump located under the drum attached to the drain catch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I can't do all that.please help
Phone call session started