Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Morning. How do I set my temperature for fridge and freezer?

Customer Question
Morning. How do...

Morning. How do I set my temperature for fridge and freezer? The digital display panel was messed with by a child and turned them both off. Every time I try to set a temperature it goes back to OF? Model # RF4287HARS/XAA? HELP

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung RF4287HARS and we bought it in 2012

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd, Home Appliance Technician

The Manual is too large to attach here.... please use this LINK to download
Please refer to p27 for details on Temp Settings

If it is not cooling, it has likely gone to ....

Cooling Off mode (also called Shop mode), is designed for use by retailers when they are displaying refrigerators on the shop floor. In Cooling Off mode, the refrigerator's fan motor and lights work normally, but the compressors do not run, and the refrigerator and freezer do not get cold.
To start Cooling Off mode, press and hold the Energy Saver button and the Power Freeze button for 3 seconds during normal operation. The refrigerator chime sounds and the temperature display flashes OF OF.
To cancel Cooling Off mode, press and hold the Energy Saver and the Power Freeze buttons again for 3 seconds.

Unfortunately I am not able to phone you, as it is only supported for USA domestic calls, I am in Australia

Let me know how you get on, and please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try help you more. It may take more than one exchange to get a fix, so please work with me, you are my eyes and ears here

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions or lead you to a solution, please remember to rate my performance positively before you leave so that we can close the file as it is the only acknowledgement we receive for our time and experience.

Thank you. ***** couldn’t wait and called samsung support who walked me through the process - no fee.