Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

Coincidence or mess up?????? My granddaughter was cleaning

Customer Question

Coincidence or mess up?????? My granddaughter was cleaning my refrigerator when there appeared OF in two side by side slots. I cannot make it go away. Thinking it did not matter, I went to bed last night and this morning there is water everywhere. Things in the freezer were thawing. I have hit the emergency freeze buttons for all parts of the appliance. what do i do next? OF is still showing.Thanks.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: RF4267HARS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has not happened before. I guess you want to know that it is a French door with two drawers? Depends on what I have to do. I am no handy woman. If it needs real repair, I will call someone. I was hoping you could tell me just push this whatever!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It just came on after the granddaughter had cleaned the front of the refrig and thus touched something on the front panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

If you have OF on the display then its basically in shop mode.

To turn it back on again all you need to do is press and hold the engery saver button and the power freeze button together for about 5 seconds or so and OF will dispear and then the cooling will start up again.

Try that and im sure this will sort the fault out from there for you.