Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool 3-door model GI6SARXXF05. It makes a loud…

I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool 3-door model GI6SARXXF05. It makes a loud noise when I use the in-the-door water or ice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 or 4 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model GI6SARXXF05 And I hope to be able to do the work myself. I recently installed a new filter--about 2 weeks ago. Could that be the issue. The noise just started yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had the water pressure increased by a plumber. He increased it to normal range for the whole house. It had been on low pressure for some reason

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Ok so you get this noise each time you use the dispenser in chilled water and when calling for ice cubes.

Where is this noise coming from ? the dispenser area or in the lower rear of the unit.

It sounds like it's from the dispenser

ok the chilled water and the ice dispensing is two separate systems , can you describe this noise?

Sorry, I thought I had sent a reply. Don't know what happened to it.
The water is a roar, not terribly loud but s constant loud noise. The ice started a few days after the water. It began with the roar then became a knocking noise that was definitely from the dispenser area. I have not used it since

ok the noise from the ice is this when your calling for ice ,or when the icemaker is calling for water do you think?

The ice began with the same roar but then started the thumping. I had just started getting ice so I don't think it needed water. Don't feel the ice was depleted enough to call for more water at that point

ok so you have the exact same noise when you call for ice cubes as when you call for chilled water then is that correct?

I am away from the house today. Didn't realize I would need to be close by. Could you put a hold on this ticket and let me continue it tomorrow when I return to the house?

yes just reply back to me when you can!

I'm back home and will try to answer your questions. I got some ice and the dispenser sounded fine. Then I got water and the noise is more like a horn than a roar. It's a slightly high pitched noise

ok Great information ,,so that tells me the sound is coming from the water inlet valve assembly.

Would you say the noise is coming from inside the rear wall on the right side of the fresh food section.

It seems to be from the freezer side rather than the right side where the filter is

ok this model has two separate water valve that it the isolation valve on the left rear corner of the unit .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech