Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a under the counter GE microwave manufactured in

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a under the counter GE microwave manufactured in 2016. I was tripping the breaker every time it was turned on so I had a new 20 amp breaker installed and two GFI plugs on the same circuit. It still tripped the breaker. I had a GE tech come to service it. He diagnosed the problem as a capacitor. The capacitor was replaced and the unit worked off sight. Upon plugging it in at the unit site it immediately tripped the breaker again. I tested the plug over the stove by plugging in two other appliances and they worked and did not trip the breaker. I removed the microwave and plugged it different plugs and it tripped the circuits they were on. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem? I am guessing the new capacitor is also burnt out.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

One moment

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have and I do. The model # 7VM6172SF1SS MANUFACTURED MARCH 2016.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No other than I am very disappointed with the product. For all intents and purposes it is brand new..Could the main supply cord be shirting out the unit? It just doesn't make since that, after replacing the capacitor it worked at my shop and then immediately blew and tripped the breaker

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

C​an't tell from your posts if you are the customer or the servicer of this microwave. However, if the capacitor was bad, did you also replace the high voltage diode ? And then run it and using a clamp on amprobe , check the current draw of the magnetron tube , it should not exceed 11 amps.