Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher suddenly doesn't start It it's whirpool I

Customer Question
My dishwasher suddenly doesn't...

My dishwasher suddenly doesn't start It it's whirpool I bought it with my kitchen at ikea in 2013

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it in 2013, let me check the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not really I don't know the model but I found the serial number W10254949 C

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I never had problems with the diswasher one thing I just noticed, the plastic over the 'start' button is a bit broken I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Yes the Start button may be the issue and the whole reason it is not starting. Can you open the door and check the frame edge for the model number and post it and the color.

I already sent the number
but here it is again : W10254949 C
it is white
I don't want to pay $24 because i won't be able to fix it myself

If the site sent you a phone call disregard it is not me.

The W102 number you sent is not the model, it is on the frame or door edge when you open the door.