Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Whirlpool gas oven is barely 2 years old, and rarely…

Customer Question
Our Whirlpool gas oven...

Our Whirlpool gas oven is barely 2 years old, and rarely used. Went to use it to this evening and it won't come on. It is giving us a message that reads, "F8E0. Call Service. Cooling Fan Speed Too Low."

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was installed a week before Thanksgiving, 2015...so barely 2 years old. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unless you can talk me through it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I am waiting. We need this oven repaired to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for several family members and friends.

You are correct about the error code meaning the cooling fan is running to slow. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if the sensor is bad or the cooling fan is bad because they are are one assembly and not sold separately. The cooling fan is mounted behind the oven so you'll need to pull the oven forward and unscrew the back sheet metal panel in order to access the cooling fan above the oven cavity. This cooling fan needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say. I know the oven is new, but these fans tends to fail quite often and on older ovens they didn't have a sensor to notice they were spinning too slow, but these units do now and they shut the oven down from working. Below is a link to the fan you'd need to order and replace. There is no quick reset I'm afraid, the problem will just keep coming back until the fan is replaced.

CLICK HERE for cooling fan

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc