Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool dryer won't turn on and the drum is stiff. 110…

My whirlpool dryer won't...

My whirlpool dryer won't turn on and the drum is stiff

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

110 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Put new belt on. It did a load of laundry and at the end you could smell burnt rubber

11/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

The burnt rubber smell was befor a new belt. The drum is stiff to turn as

Do you have the model number off the unit please:)

WED92005Q0

The belt may be broken or a wheel could be frozen up can you remove the front bottom panel on the unit?

Everything is turning free. New belt, wheels spin. Front and back.

Does the motor just hum and does the motor spin freely?

Nope none of the above.

OK is the thermal fuse burned out on the blower housing the white peg style fuse on the blower housing.

I didn't see a white peg on the blower housing.

It is right behind the lint screen duct...CLICK HERE, if that is burned out the unit will not run. Part #3392519

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thank you.

No problem at all! The fuse will be bad they always go bad. If it is double check your venting make sure it is clear to the outside. All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician