Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Drier won't start. Have checked thermal fuse, door switch…

Drier won't start. Have...

Drier won't start. Have checked thermal fuse , door switch and timer. And I do have it plugged in to power. I'm lost.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes. Left it off all day today unplugged

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else to check. No humming from motor. No burnt smell. I don't know what else to check

11/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Do you have the model number off the unit please:)

Let me get my glasses lol
WED5800SG0

OK can you get to the thermal fuse behind the unit? I nkow you checked it I need you to remove the two wires to the thermal fuse interlock them together tape them then try it. Unplug the unit before you do this then plug it back in and try it. If it starts replace the thermal fuse if not let me know.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Still nothing

Ok do you have 240 volts to the unit? Check power at the terminal block where the cord connects.

OK do you have your meter?

fluke Dmm

OK get to that thermal fuse and have someone press Start, then check from the Either light blue wire to ground for 120 volts do you have that there?

118.6 so yea

OK if you have that there and you have interlocked those wires and the unit still does not start you are left with only a motor plug or that wire to the motor is broken or the white wire that runs through a timer contact to the door switch is bad...have you physically bypassed the door switch as well...You have to bypass parts on this to test the meter can be deceptive when testing certain things so please make sure you jumpered out the thermal fuse if so check the motor plug and jumper out the door switch with a jumper. That is all it can be.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Well I guess the wife is getting a early Christmas present lol. Thanks for your help