Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I test the jAZZ board to see if every thiing is

How do I test...

How do I test the jAZZ board to see if every thiing is working correctly.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hi. Is any one their?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes The Refig # gx5fhdxvq02

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Every thing checks out except there is no defrost cycle to test other than the forest defrost. Will this tel me if the jazz board is bad

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What does the unit not do?

I have already upgraded the drain on the unit. Now the unit is icing up again and my not be going into defrost mode.
I have preformed all the diag on the unit and all pass. The only area I haven't done is the forest defrost.
I have done a ohm meter check on the heating element and the ohms reads 28 ohms warm.

You likley have a bad Jazz board based on the model and age, but open the refrigerator doors, Hold the light switches down and press the Refrigerator TEMP DOWN button 3 times then release the light switch and you should see F and D in the displays. If you do press the refrigerator TEMP DOWN button 2 more times and it should be in defrost mode. See if the heater starts to heat after a minute or so. If you are not sure put some ice on the calrod heater to see if it melts or sizzles. If it does you have a bad main control board and need to change it out. If it does not heater either the heater is bad, the defrost thermostat that is clipped to the top right corner of the evaporator is burned out(Open Circuit) or possibly a modular connector to the heater is corroded. Check all those things with your meter to determine which is bad if the heater does not come on when in forced defrost mode.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Thank you . You answered my question

No problem All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating link at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician