Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I set the oven temp and press on, the oven beeps as if…

Customer Question
When I set the...

When I set the oven temp and press on, the oven beeps as if it is at temp when it is cold.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I'll look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Built IN DOUBLE wall oven electric JKP56SD1SS

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/21/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I am waiting

Does this happen when you use either top or bottom oven? Or just one oven in particular?

just the top oven

OK then this means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is out of range. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your display board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I don't need anything else

OK great. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc