Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag series 3000 gas dryer. It will not start.

Hi - we have...

Hi - we have a Maytag series 3000 gas dryer. It will not start. Digital display is flashing F01 . . .what does that mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 6-8 years old, I think. Cannot find the model number (looks like it wore off the sticker) and we cannot find the manual . Sorry (ugh)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to if we can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Are you able to diagnose it with the "F01" code at all?

11/21/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

The F01 is a main control failure on the unit are you handy at all?

Somewhat handy. Is it something you could talk us through? Or do we need parts?
do we need parts?

No just a solder gun and wire brush, do you have that?

no. I don't believe we have a solder gun.

OK well you need to remove the top of the unit, then the white main power relay board off to the left. Once that is out, pop it out of the casing and flip it over. You should see a blown solder joint on the board. Clean it up with a wire brush and just resolder it and it will work fine again. Otherwise order and replace the relay board for about 200 dollars.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started