Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just opened new oven from box, the burners will turn on but…

Just opened new oven from...
Just opened new oven from box, the burners will turn on but the display will not come on so I am unable to turn on oven or clock or do anything else
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

W10403815A

That's actually a part number not the model unfortunately. Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Crap that’s not the model number!!!!
This is WFE745HOFS
The O is an zero

Perfect, thank you.

OK sorry about the delay I was looking up your wiring diagram.

I’m so frustrated with this being right before Thanksgiving, I have to start tonight to get everything done. The oven in brand new just out of the box

There are no fuses or cut outs that would stop the display from illuminating. That means that either you have a broken wire between the terminal block and the display board, or you have a bad display board. You would need to test power between terminal P6-1 (black wire) and P6-3 (white wire) on the display control board. If it has power going to it, you'll need to order and replace part number w10871200. Since it's brand new out of the box, make sure you have 220 volts between the 2 outer wires going to the terminal block and 110 volts between each outside wire when compared to the center neutral wire. If that all checks good, check the wiring to the back of the display board if you want---other than that the display board would need to be replaced and warranty's number is ***** I'm sorry about the troubles before the holiday.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc