Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our built-in oven does not heat up to desired (set)

Customer Question
Our built-in oven does...

Our built-in oven does not heat up to desired (set) temperature.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Sears, Model #911-41389891, probably 10 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No,we have your plan

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, a repairman recently said if we wanted 350,setit at 450. That sounded like BS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately you can only adjust a thermostat by up to 25 degrees which means that if it's off by more than that, you have a faulty part. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Who in the hell has a multimeter laying around? Thanks for nothing. Send a repairman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!