Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Bosch dishwasher model Silence Plus 44 dBA is showing…

Customer Question
Our Bosch dishwasher model...

Our Bosch dishwasher model Silence Plus 44 dBA is showing error message

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry to continue error message is E 24 - the dishwasher has only been installed for 17 monthsModel # SHP65T75UC/01 FD930500177

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The dishwasher isn't draining filter was taken out and cleaned - still showing error message and water in the bottom of the dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will try to fix it myself first if it's not that complicated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So E24 is a drain error. It means that the dishwasher isn't draining out in an adequate time which it sounds like is true since you found a pool of water at the bottom. Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thank you for your help but we still can't find a blockage

OK, there isn't always a blockage. Again if there is no blockage then the drain pump would need to be replaced. That is nothing you or I can control

we are just going to call for service - thank you

OK good luck and sorry about the bad news.