Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My older Magic Chef oven, model #CER3760BAW, stopped working…

Customer Question
My older Magic Chef...

My older Magic Chef oven, model #CER3760BAW, stopped working after a power outage. The burners work but when I try to start the oven the "locked" light blinks. I tried unplugging it for a minute then plugging it back in but that didn't help. Do I need a new controller board?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Magic Chef is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's probably at least 10 years old. Is the model number I gave you not a real model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I also tried holding the stop and cancel buttons at the same time but that didn't help. I feel like this happened before and all I had to do was tighten the screws on the door.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, try to start self clean if it'll let you and then cancel it after 2 minutes. Try the oven again and if nothing has worked, the control board is just shorted and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace for your model. It's $300 so I'm not sure if it's worth fixing at 10 years old, but that's completely up to you.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?