Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My lower oven on my double oven is not turning on controls…

My lower oven on...

My lower oven on my double oven is not turning on controls seem to be operating but no signs the heat is turningon

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchen aid electric convection single and double ovens with steam assist , approximately 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple reset I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The top oven works fine, when we turn on the oven to bake the screen shows the preheating graph and you can hear the fan running but the temperature does not change

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Model kebu208sss03
Serial d31756536

Thank you.

If the top oven works normal and the bottom oven looks like it works but isn't actually heating, it means that your thermal fuse for the bottom oven has likely failed. Now the big problem for this is that you need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel in order to access the fuse on the back of the oven mounted to the top of the bottom oven. Below is a link to the fuse you'd need to access and if it has no continuity, replace it. The hardest part is pulling the oven out of the wall as I'm sure you can imagine.

CLICK HERE to see thermal fuse

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

This sounds like a job for the repairman. I don't know how to rate your service until the oven is working. I could assume the fuse replacement fixes the problem but I won't know until it is done.

ok...

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc