Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag front loading gas dryer will not start but the…

Customer Question
My Maytag front loading...

My Maytag front loading gas dryer will not start but the sensing light blinks. Mod MED9700SQ0

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I am not sure of the age...maybe 10 -12 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you still select and change all the different cycles and options? It just won't start when you press the start button? If so, when you press start does the dryer beep back at you? How many times does it beep when you press start?

Hi!It appears that I can change the cycles and options but when pushing start I hear one beep and the sensing light comes on

Perfect, one moment as I type.

ok

So there are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.

The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?