Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cannot remove ice maker from unit to empty out ice. Sorry -

Customer Question
Cannot remove ice maker...

Cannot remove ice maker from unit to empty out ice

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Sorry - what about the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The button on the side of the unit (where it says press to remove) does not seems to have any effect when you press - does not seem to be connected to anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Model number from the refrigerator or icemaker unit?
The refrigerator is a Thermador. Some of the ice froze to the bottom of the unit, and I can usually lift up the unit off the base and spill out the bad and frozen ice and start over with fresh ice. I have done this several times,but not the unit will not lift up off the base.
Where do you find the model number? I have the manual
Hello?? I think the model is:(###) ###-####