Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile, gas stove/oven combination. It is less

Hi, I have a...
Hi, I have a GE Profile, gas stove/oven combination. It is less than a year old. We used the oven fine on Friday night but yesterday, I noticed the oven doesn't get hot. The gas burners work fine tho. Could the pilot light have gone out? When we turn on the oven you can always hear the gas light up. It is currently not doing that. Worries as Thanksgiving is this week! Thank you!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sorry, I don't have the model but it is brand new. Less than one year old. It has 4 gas burners on top and a griddle in the center of the top.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just hoping to get it working by Thanksgiving!
11/20/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door on the unit and look in the vent slots on the bottom plate. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician