Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When I push the washer start button nothing happens. I

Customer Question
When I push the...

When I push the washer start button nothing happens. I replaced the lid lock and still nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

G.E stackable washer and dryer model gtup270emiww. 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to do it myself.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

See if it will go into service mode.] TO ENTER TO SERVICE MODE, ROTATE CYCLE SELECTOR TO ANY POSITION EXCEPT POSITION 6. PRESS START BUTTON AND FS BUTTON AT SAME TIME, WAIT 3 SECONDS, THEN ROTATE CYCLE SELECTOR TO POSITION 6, WAIT 3 SECONDS AND RELEASE BOTH BUTTONS AND ALL LEDS WILL BLINK. Does that happen?

No

OK then either the main board is burned out or there is a power supply issue to the unit. Make sure you have power to the unit if you do then you need to replace this board behind the console...CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

We have the panel open. We do not see this main board that you have showed us. We have three little black boxes and white looking small "T" panel that looks like it is the washer control lights and FS buttons

SEE HERE>.....CLICK ME

Since you were able to help fix this problem, you will be refunding my $5.00, correct?

I am not sure what you mean when you said, "

"Since you were able to help fix this problem, you will be refunding my $5.00, correct?"

I paid $5.00 to talk to you. If not satisfied, full refund.
34;UN" able to fix the problem. Sorry, typed it wrong.