Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our pump went out to our well and our washing machine was in…

Customer Question
Our pump went out...

Our pump went out to our well and our washing machine was in the rinse/spin cycle when it happened. We cannot reset it. It just sits and hums and there is no water coming in. The door is locked so we cannot open the door to stop it and we have put it on every cycle possible, etc. and cannot get it to work. What can we do?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Washer Model WFW9151Y and WFW9351Y. We have had the washing machine about 2 years. These are the two numbers on the sheet that I have.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We purchased an extended warranty through Sears, but my husband called this morning and a service person cannot come until 11/30 which is just ridiculous. When we could not get it to reset, he unplugged it and plugged it back up and it still will not go through the cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of, we pushed the power button, the cycle button, every button on the machine and it will not work or change.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

When you unplugged it and then plugged it back in ,how long did you have it unplugged for?

We had it unplugged overnight because we did not want to have it sit and hum and try to get through the cycle as we were worried it would burn up the motor in it. Also, the repairman came this morning and it was a wire around the well cap that had to be replaced (not the pump thank goodness). After it was fixed he plugged the washing machine back up and it still would not go through the rinse cycle. It had went through the actual wash cycle as the detergent was not in the dispenser, but the fabric softener was still in the tray. Thanks.
Can you call in the morning? I will click call me if I know that you can contact us around 10:00 A.M. EST.

Yes I can call you @10.00 A.M. EST

Spoke to my husband and he talked to a Sears technician and he feels that since he has paid for the extended warranty that we will wait for them to fix the machine. He walked him through a couple of procedures and it still did not work. Thanks, ***** ***** only bill me for the $5. Thank you.