Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile gas stove that was working until a few…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile gas stove that was working until a few minutes ago. Now it won't heat past 100 degrees. The burners work and the broiler works.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Pgs968sep3ss. I bought it in 2012.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if it involves being on my hands and knees!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want guidance so I can know if a repairman is doing what's needed and nothing else. Time and of cost estimates would help.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The bake igniter will need to be replaced. It will require hands and knees to replace and a fair amount of disassembly. The bake igniter is number 316 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

To have this professionally repaired, you could expect it to cost about $150 + the cost of the igniter.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!