Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Cabrio washer that is making abnormally loud sounds…

Customer Question
I have a Cabrio...

I have a Cabrio washer that is making abnormally loud sounds as the motor reverses

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Purchase in 2011 Model # WTW5600XW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

is the noise coming right from the motor?

it is the humming sound that the machine normally makes when reversing only a lot louder than normal

ok but is this louder noise actually coming from the motor is what I`m asking?

ok so the noise is coming from the motor itself and the motor mounting bolts are all tight ?

And will the washer do this even if the washer is empty and running?

to both
I have to go into a meeting at 2:00
in about 1 minute

ok so if it makes the louder then normal noise is it reverses even if the machine is empty ,than I have to suspect that the motor is going bad and will need to be replaced.

Do you need a link to the part?

no thanks
I will call a technician

ok no problem .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.