Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool Dishwasher that was apparently new when I…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool Dishwasher that was apparently new when I purchased the home in March '16. A few weeks ago it stopped working, it seemed to be going through the cycles,, could hear it in the control panel. when finished it was apparent that no water had been pumped up into the washer arms. I checked and cleaned out all the filters and traps from inside the washer... nothing!!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MDL #WDF520PADM5 S/N #F53910666 It was new when I bought the house 20 months ago. The knockout plug had not even been removed from the disposal drain!!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if it is a simple part replacement, if it is a little more involved a service technician would be preferred.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. Here is a link to a new wash pump assembly as 99% of the time with that issue this is the actual problem.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.