Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 5 year old Model #ED2KAXVS, serial #MR23108506 is leaking…

Customer Question
My 5 year old...

My 5 year old Model #ED2KAXVS, serial #MR23108506 is leaking water from underneath, periodically, like every 10 days, or weekly.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Maybe 3 weeks, and it leaves a rather large puddle on the floor.So something needs to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, but maybe my son in law could, he's quite handy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Are you finding a sheet of ice on the freezer floor (inside the freezer), too?

No
NO

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. What area are you seeing the water puddle in, like left front, right rear, etc?

Left side

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If no ice is found on the freezer floor, the water filter housing is likely in need of replacing. I would replace both the housing and the filter. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

FILTER HOUSING

FILTER

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!