Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE Induction cooktop Model number PHP900DM1BB. All…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE Induction cooktop Model number PHP900DM1BB. All burners are flashing E. I did try turning the breaker off for several minutes. It still isn't working. I would like to do the repair myself if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 12/15/2008 Serial Number RR744446C

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have repaired other appliances in the past, so I would like to try

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately there are no fuses or cut outs that will cause this problem. The flashing E's mean that the cooktop things something metal is laying on top of the touch control panel. If unplugging the unit won't reset the issue and nothing is laying on the touchpad, you need to order and replace the touch control panel so below is a link to the part. To access the panel, you need to flip power off at the breaker or unplug the cooktop from your house. Then unscrew any mounting brackets around the sides below the cooktop holding the cooktop onto your counter top. The cooktop will pull up through the cooktop and then you can sit it on a towel. Remove all the screws around the border under the outer lip of the glass top and the top will pull off the entire unit. Now you have access to the control panel for replacement.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?