Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I’m getting a PF code and when you try to start dryer it…

Customer Question
I’m getting a PF...

I’m getting a PF code and when you try to start dryer it just beeps , light not coming on in the inside, it’s a front loader

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Not sure the model but it’s a Whirlpool and it was given to me so not sure of age of it but maybe 2 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I have sons

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that I need my dryer, single moon really can’t afford new one , lol

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

That means POWER FAILURE, try to press cancel and see if it clears. If not shut the power off to the dryer for a full minute at the circuit breaker and power it back on and see if that solves it. If not let me know.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

We did and it didn’t change anything
No I’m at work with my son on the phone , what’s next Please

If he has tried to reset it and it says PGF and pressing STart or Cancel does not clear it you have a main control board failure on the unit and you will need a part to fix this issue.

Ok is it something we can fix ourselves with the part
What part is needed

I need the complete model off the tag on the frame when you open the door to get you the correct part and video to change it.

Whirlpool Model# *****
Serial#MR3608786
Hello

Your post just came through one minute please looking up info

Ok here is the part you need to replace to fix that issue....CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Note in the video they take everything off to replace it, you can just remove the front lower panel and get to it to take it off, just unplug trhe unit before putting it in.... All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.