Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have just moved into a new home with a Whirlpool gas

Customer Question
I have just moved...

I have just moved into a new home with a Whirlpool gas range. It has 5 burners. The only number I could find is W10406473A. My question is that I know that it has to "click" to ignite, but it keeps "clicking" the entire time that a burner is lit. Problem? or do I have to put up with the noise the whole time a burner is lit?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The home was built in 2015 so assume the range is a fairly new model. The previous owner did not leave a manual so I am not sure where to look. I looked for other numbers but that is the only one I found. Is there another place to look for the model # other than the oven door?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes, otherwise I will need to call the gas company.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Can't think of anything else. When the pilot was lit, all things, were a "go", but of course he only turned the burners to see if they worked. Have not done any baking as yet, but will need it for preparing the dinner for Thanksgiving.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Does it spark when the burners are not turned on as well or just when they are on?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the frame in the front, just behind the lower drawer.
I cannot find the number. As you can't seem to be of any help I will call someone local who can help.Also, I do not want to continue with your service, so please do not charge me.

I can help you but you did not answer any questions I sent and cannot provide the model number. Good luck to you. Enjoy the $150 service call you will pay to have someone come out.