Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Comfort Furnace XL. The fan will not shut off even…

Customer Question
I have a Comfort...

I have a Comfort Furnace XL. The fan will not shut off even when you turn it off until you unplug it.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes I washed it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you! Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Either the relay for the board is bad or of it is not heating you have a rollout issue. There are high limit safety thermostats that are around the burner housing area that can trip open if they fail or the unit is overheating resulting in the blower running all the time. Some of these have reset buttons on them that you can manually press down to reset while others do not. The ones that do not either are one time limits or are limits that are suppose to manually reset when cooled down. Now that does not always happen when they go bad so you will have to check them for continuity with an ohm meter across the two leads going to them. If you do not pwn a ohm meter you can physically bypass each rollout to make sure it is good by connecting the two wires to each rollout sensor together to see if the unit will then operate. Now once you have found the bad one you can change it out or reset it and then you should check your furnace filter for blockages and make sure you main furnace blower is running to speed. These two things can cause a unit to overheat and trip one of these rollout sensors. Mosts units have 3 of these devices and here is a link to what they can look like on your unit.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.