Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge model number GTWN300M1WS wont spin everything else…

Customer Question
My ge model number...

My ge model number GTWN300M1WS wont spin everything else works on it as in draining and going through cycles but once it goes through the drain and spin cycle it will not go

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine until the power went out yesterday i dont know if that would do anything to it . maybe theres a fuse somewhere in the washer machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/20/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately there is no fuse for this washer. If the unit isn't spinning, either your lid switch has failed or the motor inverter board logic is corrupted and needs to be replaced. You'd need to take the washer apart and test the lid switch to make sure it has continuity when the lid is closed. If not then replace it, otherwise replace the motor control board.

the washer is apart
how do i see if the lid switch is working

You would disconnect the wires going to the lid switch to start. Then you use a multimeter to test resistance between the 1 wires coming from the lid switch itself. When the lid is open you should be open line, when the lid is closed, it should be between 0.1 and 1.0 ohms of resistance if the lid switch is working properly.